Money Transmitter Licenses and Disclosures

Money transmission services are provided by CheckFreePay Corporation, a licensed money transmitter, CheckFreePay Corporation of California and CheckFreePay Corporation of New York, which is licensed as a money transmitter by the New York State Department of Financial Services.

CheckFreePay (NMLS ID# 908760) is required by law to post the money transmitter licenses and disclosures for certain jurisdictions where the payment service is licensed. Note that the payment service is regulated in other jurisdictions. The payment service is not limited to the states listed below.


For Alaska residents only: The state of Alaska DCCED will accept all complaints and other concerns regarding money services licensees, authorized delegates and money services provided by money services licensees and authorized delegates at:

State of Alaska, DCCED
Division of Banking & Securities – Consumer Finance Mailing
Address: PO Box 110807, Juneau, AK 99811-0807
Phone No: 907-465-2521

For unresolved issues, file complaint online:


Click below to view money transmitter license for the state of Arizona.

View license


If you have complaints with respect to any aspect of the money transmission activities conducted at this location, you may contact the California Department of Business Oversight at its toll-free telephone number, 1-866-275-2677, by e-mail at, or by mail at:

Department of Business Oversight, Consumer Services
1515 K Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95814.


Click below to view mandatory customer notice for money transmitters operating in the state of Colorado.

View Customer Notice


Florida residents may contact the Florida Office of Financial Regulation with questions or complaints about CheckFreePay Corporation at 200 E. Gaines Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0376, phone: (800) 848-3792 (toll free).


Money Transmission is licensed by the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance pursuant to the Georgia Sale of Checks Act.


Please contact the Illinois Department of Financial Institutions, toll free at (888) 298-8089 for suspected violation of the Illinois Transmitters of Money Act.


The Commissioner of Financial Regulation for the State of Maryland will accept all questions or complaints from Maryland residents regarding CheckFreePay Corporation at:

The Office of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation
500 N Calvert Street, Suite 402
Baltimore, Maryland 21202,


Click below to view money transmitter license for the state of Minnesota.

View license

New Hampshire

Click below to view money transmitter license for the state of New Hampshire.

View license


CheckFreePay Corporation of New York (“CFP of NY”) is licensed and regulated as a money transmitter by the New York State Department of Financial Services. For answers to questions or to register a complaint contact 1-844-466-9361. CFP of NY is located at 2900 Westside Pkwy, Alpharetta, Georgia 30004-7429. Any unresolved consumer complaints may be mailed to the New York State Department of Financial Services, Consumer Services Division located at One State Street, New York, NY 10004-1417 (877-226-5697).


If you have a complaint, first contact our consumer assistance division at [Business Support Number]. If you still have an unresolved complaint regarding the company’s money transmitter activity, please direct your complaint to: TX Dept. of Banking, 2601 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX 78705, phone: (1-877)-276-5554 (toll-free),


Contact our consumer assistance division at [Business Support Number] for assistance with a consumer complaint. For any unresolved consumer complaints, please contact the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions, Division of Consumer Services using one of the following methods:
File a complaint via online, mail or fax
Call us: 1-877-RING DFI (1-877-746-4334)
Email us:

Note that fraudulent transactions may result in the loss of your money with no recourse.